Thread: Oomphaz armour
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2001, 11:48 AM   #7
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Howdy folks,

I am playing through the game a second time (hush Wyv and Saz), and I have a party of 4 with the classes I didn't have before.

Oomphaaz, Gourk, Lizzord and Ratling.

Don't underestimate the Oomphaaz, they have the highest carrying capacity in the game. Just use the Amulet of Silence/Holding when you are a Wizard or Warlock and get their strength up to 24. My female Oomphaaz can carry 403 pounds of treasure, which is almost as much as the rest of the party combined.

She did tend to get hit a lot early on, and their AC is poor for the first part of the game. She currently has an enchanted Oomphaaz War Plate +2 with +12 armor at it gives 9.60 AC (I snuck over to Brimloch Roon to get the good armor). Her overall rating as a Samurai is about 22 right now, and she has every spell of the game since I went from Wizard (Stone, Sun), Paladin (Spirit), Ranger (Vine), Ninja (Moon, Warlock (Fiend and others missed), then Samurai to wrap up Sun.

I'm thinking now to make her a Barbarian to get the high hit points, since being a Ninja gave her very high hit, parry and speed.

Having Mana Seed makes her magic unstoppable, and I've found her hit points are extremely high, so as a Barbarian or Paladin, an Oomphaaz can take a beating.

I havent found any other armor pieces, but I'm only about half way through the game so I'll post if and when I do.

My take, they are great characters! Give them a try, my character (Lady Mammoth) is a force to be reckoned with.

Scronan
Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote