View Single Post
Old 11-16-2004, 03:03 PM   #8
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

actually to go along with routines, we watch one video a day (unless it's the sign langauge video, that is by request) and it comes after nap. i didn't so much lock them up in the room as let them know the behavior, no matter why, was unacceptable and laid them down. they changed their minds about their attitudes and played.

again with routines (in reply to cloudy) yeh they have tons of crap to play with. at 10 am when kids shows no longer comeon our tv. that's mommy's tv time. they play then. the only exceptions to when kids shows stop, when mommy's tv time is and when video's are played is for treats, either for well behaving little girls, or sick little girls.

their behavior this morning was terrible! as soon as they did not get what they expected they came to me and bawled, and fought over who was inf ront of mommy. mommy has enough lap (for now) for everyone, and as erilyn knows and carol is finding out, there is waking behavior, and tired behavior, if a child cannot behave like it's time to be awake then it's time to sleep, or as int his case, rest. it is a less stressful form of timeout for me because i do not feel their eyes int he back of my head, nor do i have to hold them down. they know simply that they have behaved badly. any normal childcare giver would have seen it all as signs of tiredness, i just act on it.

sorry felt a need to defend myself. as i said video's are not a morning option. if we watch more than one video tape a day erilyn feels she can take over the tv/vcr. so a video this morning, may have been an option, if i had been asked for one, or even if i had the time to notice the schedule change before they blew up. eitherway, here they are now, waiting to be put down for a real nap. ttyl