View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 05:46 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Default How hard would it be to redo the graphical interface?

I'm thinking that tiny window is WAY to small now. I think it should be at least as wide as the Eye of the Beholder playerwindow. I know that would mean many changes in the code, but can we do this? I think it could be done without messing with the wall sets too. but backgrounds would need to change.

Also, the bars around the text and stuff are way, way too hard to design around. It would be MUCH easier if we didn't border the text, but create the entire background as one image. This would allow for easy creation of not just a border, but neat game backgrounds and artwork.

I'd be willing to redo all the art for it, and do any testing on the changes--and make all the stock graphics. I say we upgrade this game maker to the ULTIMATE Unlimited Adventure!

I'll create some interfaces about how I envision the interface.
Also, instead of text for items, we should move to icons, and maybe even an EOB type slot interface. Any DC Programmers--can this be done? use another BMP background for the 'avatar' and have circles for where icons of items need to go-- I can make 100's of Icons for it as well. I think while keeping the feel of Goldbox, we can also enhance the look a bit--and it would attract a LOT of new people.

Ideas?

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote