View Single Post
Old 09-17-2004, 12:25 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Yep. Not quite down to this level, but there are definitely times when I question why... and where... and how.

BTW, the belief that they don't have a problem is not always true. Things like this are very personal, and many people do try to keep them hidden inside.

What I've found to help me deal with the frustration of things not going my way is to find something... anything... that I can start making go my way. Whether it's a simple art project, or helping someone out with something, or volunteering some time somewhere... or even playing music again, just to hear the chops come down right. Get something going in the right direction, and soon the rest of the stuff will follow.

Oh, things will still go badly from time to time, but you'll be more able to recognize them as abnormal occurrences. You won't consider them to be the norm for what should happen in your life.

And never underestimate the power of a good nap, either [img]smile.gif[/img]

If you want to talk to someone locally, you can talk to a priest or pastor (or whatever your religious preference dictates), or contact a school counselor (if that's an option).

And you might also talk to your parents. Just because they may not be feeling the same way doesn't mean they can't be supportive of you as you go through a hard time.

Speaking as a dad, I know that no matter what else, I love my kids, and I'm there for them. I may need to get whapped upside the head to just listen and be with them, and allow them to experience life, but I can be there... and I can be there (hopefully) without judgment.

And of course, you've always got friends here at IW to listen as well.

Peace.

*B*