View Single Post
Old 11-19-2000, 12:58 AM   #23
The Grub

I would have to say that out of the current Rpg's that i have played BG and BG 2 are the best currently out. I would consider them as one game because they are a continuation of a story line. I find them preferable because of the view that allows for tactical combat as far as making spell casting and ranged attacks more viable than if it used a first person view. The character depth is great and in BG 2, the character emotions and interactions are very intresting.
I would also suggest Fallout and Fallout 2. I fell in love with them because finally a RPG that didnt involve spells and swords and elves. Just humans and mutants and some good ole firearms. Nothing like targeting and shooting someone in the crotch with a rifle. Definately great games with a dark sense of humor.
Which reminds me, does anyone remember Wasteland? Besides the goldbox SSI games, Wasteland was definately my fav game on the old C-64. And does anyone know if there is a pc version lurking out there somewhere of this old classic?

I would throw up M&M 7 as an honorable mention. Its pretty decent as far as filling up the time till the new awaited releases are being developed.

And did anyone get through Ultima 9? I gave up about half way through just due to the
horrible drain on my system. Great looking game, but boy oh boy did it bog down alot.
Guess I will try that one again after i buy some more memory.