View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 03:50 PM   #19
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Fair enough, Willow. But, on the when does life begin issue, I'll state it begins, IMHO (and not ascribing it to anyone else) when there is discernible brain activity. If we base it on heartbeat, there are issues with those who are in a permanent "vegetative" state - and with other things in this world of cloning capabilities. I think you must think to be "alive" as a human. MHO.

As with the fetus, I think whenever that brain acitity beginning is, that would be the point at which to cutoff abortion IF we are giving the fetus the same rights as a living/out-of-the-womb person.
My exact thought and belief TL. Although I wouldn´t go as far as "think". Brain activity does not equal thinking. Going somewhat off topic I also believe that deciding time of death on the time of heart failure is wrong. I like the European(?), I know it is true for some European countries, method of desciding time of death depending on brain activity. Of course this is not always true since people with no brain activity have been revived. Still I find it more accurate than heart ativity.