View Single Post
Old 11-15-2000, 08:31 PM   #10
Sloth

OK, you need not look any further........the answer to your question is......Ulltimate Wizardry Archives.....Pay special attention to Bane of the Cosmic Forge & Crusaders of the Dark Savant. These two games, are by far, the best CRPG I have ever played. It will be REALLY hard to top the multiple endings of Bane that lead to multiple beginnings of Crusaders. Another REALLY cool feature is that you can migrate your old Bane characters to Crusaders. You even staart the game with some of your old equipment. Holy Avenger and Muramasa blade BABY! The graphics are A LOT outdated. You get the awesome 16 color palette as well as the unparalled realism of the PC speaker. If you really love RPG'ing you will never notice the sound or graphics. Although on a fast system everyone will be on speed. The character development is a much improved version of W&W. My personal favorite is the swag bag. Makes it really hard to drop important items. You roll characters up the same, but you can choose any class you want, as long as you have enough bonus points to qualify. You will play this game for around 6 months, and who knows how long you will play Crusaders. I know where all the items are, and all of the puzzles. It still takes me around 3 months to clear Bane. I never attempted to reclear Crusaders, because that game is just that big. In short...Imagine a perfect version of W&W and you will start to see Bane and Crusaders.

Whew.....Do I love those games or what???

D.W. - Th