View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 03:59 PM   #30
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Wow its still here :D

Good to see some names I grew up with still around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziroc View Post
A bit off topic, but it looks like Wizards of the Coast is stopping production on Forgotten Realms novels as a whole-- Even Ed Greenwood and Bob Salvatore--both have quietly showed their sadness...

Supposedly they are going to make a feature Movie based in the Forgotten Realms..(HAHAHAHAH um, sorry. but remember the DnD movies?) but, uh.. then why stop making novels? Do they plan re-releasing all old ones and restart FR?

I mean, the last 6 years FR novels have been slim.. usually an Elminster and Drizzt novel, and 2-3 paperbacks. really sad. in the 90's, we'd have 12-15 novels a year!
Whatever happened to FR anyway? I never played pen and paper D&D but I grew up on the whole FR world, with the Baldurs Gate games, NWN and the whole suite of novels that came with it. I even bought the FR Campaign guide even though I didn't play pen and paper just to read up on the setting. Last I heard 5 years ago they said they were blowing the whole world up, and they killed off half the characters and jumped time forward by a hundred years, then I lost track of what was happening after that, and lost interest as a result. Why did they do that? What was the motivation?

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote