View Single Post
Old 03-26-2006, 04:45 PM   #4
roddybug
Manshoon

Excellent, this sounds very similar to one that I'm working on, although I think that you may have taken the levels in a slightly different order. You seem to have great cleave without cleave. I believe that monks get cleave for free at an early level but not power attack, which is normally needed for cleave and great cleave. So I reckon that you got cleave as a monk for free and took power attack and great cleave as indicated. Besides monks get (4 + int bonus (+1 if human)) x 4 skill points at first level, better than fighters (2 + int bonus (+1 if human)) x 4. Not to be sniffed at in my opinion even if it means that you drop +1 to hit at level 20.

I've recently started planning my characters in outline, having been royally cheesed off (translation: irritated) by taking feats without thinking much on several occassions. I pay particular attention to the epic class feats that can be taken as bonuses and if there aren't that many for that class make sure that I don't take them as general feats. Pah! Not epic toughness x 3 again!

I've also worked out characters based on items that would suit certain combinations. Of course that will all change in January as more items are discovered and old favourites removed, new "builds", yay! I'm not sure January which year, but I'm told that it's coming soon; lets hope for 2007. (Just messing with you Ziroc, I've been having a lot of fun with the recent parties and they certainly don't know everything and there are often a few changes that fool me too).
roddybug is offline   Reply With Quote