Thread: Wimp Monk
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2003, 02:35 AM   #12
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian :
Just because you can emploit the game engine does not mean you have to. How can you be proud of yourself after completing a game, if you exploited it? It's like playing poker with somone who does not know the rules, and inventing new hands. How can you then be proud of your victory? That cheating.
It does not matter if the game is an hack and slash, rpg, fps, or anything else. When you do something that go against the spirit of the game, when you use flaws in the game engine to your advantage, it's cheating. You can come up with any justifications you want, it still won't change the fact that it's cheating.
If cheating make you feel special, then keep doing it, but personally, I would be ashamed. I would rather play and lose in a fair way, than win in a cheap way.
interesting how you put it. I could have put this one " just because you can exploit someone's lack of general knowledge does not mean you have to. how can you be proud of yourself after typing something that the other person would have never even thought of? It's like typing something about poker with someone who don't even know what poker is. " would that be called cheating?

but then again I'll stop here. I don't want to argue with a mod. I just don't like to be branded a cheater just because I try to point out how to improve a monk. * shake head *

[ 01-14-2003, 04:58 AM: Message edited by: Kakero ]
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote