View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004, 07:36 AM   #28
Lady Sedai
Banned User

coyote: Don't worry, you won't be stoned to death.

I wasn't trying to say that women don't *ever* instigate domestic abuse nor that women aren't in the majority when it comes to child abuse.

But I don't hold that women are in the *majority* when it comes to domestic abuse. Yes, maybe both side *argue*, but when it comes to physcial violence I don't believe the women are in the majority of instigating physical altercations.

I've been there. Twice. An argument may ensue, but I never started physical encounters. Nor did my Mother although she was physically abused by my Father for 30+ years (so was I, but for me it was about 16 or so of those years).

Now, perhaps in a neighborhood with a higher instance of drug/alcohol abuse, women are just as likely. But to me, that stems more from the narcotics than from "the nature of the beast".

Just my opinion from *my* experiences, mind you. That's why I was telling Thoran I could easily refute his statements and wondering if it was opinion, an area of study or some work or personal experience leading him to his statements. It's been *more* than just my personal experience, though. I've also know MANY women who have been the victims - not the aggressors. That's also why I wonder if it's more "locality", too.