View Single Post
Old 07-07-2002, 09:56 PM   #2
otter
Elminster

Looks like fun, my only disagreement is with having a Bishop at all, that's what i pared down from my 4-member parties. Usually one Alchemizer is enough, and i like trios to consist entirely of high AC and heavy damage characters. The most important skill for my groups is Haste, so i don't need points in speed for everyone. I've had a lot of success with a Bard who pumps Music with Viola d'Amore and switches to Fighter at L9 total (one Rogue level, you know...) Then she plays Rousing Drums to speed everybody up, and berzerks with X-Cal. Another group uses a Monk for Haste, though she has lower AC, i included her for Zatoichi. Biggest complaint about her was it took to L12 to get Haste.
I'd have played a Lord instead of the Bishop, then you get all the spells you absolutely need, and a high AC killer. (i like to dual Maces, the Mauler's Mace bonus really kicks Diamond Eyes through the roof) Valk wouldn't be too bad, either.
No problem with being all-female, just at that one point in the game you have to dismiss any male RPC's you might have (WHY?) along.
Or just pump Speed for the Bishop, that'll help with AC, too, when it gets around 100, and you get an Ankh of Speed. Or two. Nobody else needs speed, the only place it matters is in combat, and if you have a FAST bishop casting Haste, it counts for that round right away, so everybody can get first licks in, given their required speed as Sam and Nin...
Make sure you practise Alchemy for the Ninja, she won't be able to throw stuff when she's got the Cane (unless you waste a Bishop round to uncurse her...) so her casting will be important.
If you really want some excitement:
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
P
A
C
E
If i have a Bishop, i usually sneak into the Mountain Wilderness around L8-10 via the Northern Wilderness to get the Staff of Doom in the Waterfall. Most of the time i can drag all the mobs around the hill without getting in Combat, then run to the falls. Very few will follow if your Stealth is up and you're quick about getting the loot. Buy stuff from Bela, too. The only fight i've never been able to avoid is the Sprites up by Bela. He won't help, either.
otter is offline   Reply With Quote