View Single Post
Old 10-14-2002, 02:14 AM   #50
Ishanda
Dungeon Master

In another post I did state that BG2 was the greatest game I ever played....as far as scope goes.

To be really honest, someone just reminded me of something.

Planescape: Torment actually takes the cake. This I say because that game made me REALLY feel that I WAS the character. I identified with him, cared for him and was genuinely interested in what happened to him and what was to come next. True, there was not so much freedom in it as far as character generation and such is concerned, but I would have to agree with someone in another post here.

There is so much to say for scripted stories. PT was linear? Yes! Was it boring? NO! Is there any point in longing for another story like implemented in PT? Probably not, because it was released some time ago and I do not see ANYTHING like it anywhere so that must mean that too few people liked it as much as I did. If Multiplayer is the way to go then I am in deep trouble. To be sure, I care NOTHING for playing RPGs that way. All I am interested in is story. I truly believe that bad graphics and poor control can be saved by a half decent storyline. When the story is awe-inspiring like with PT then my world is rocked for a little while.

I said it before and I'll say it again. I hope prospective mod creators think about this. Forget about lack of customization in the toolset as far as graphical ability goes. WRITE STORIES! It is a fairly simple concept, but very difficult to do.

Now let me ask you all this, would you like a good multiplayer evironment to play with or rather a fantastic, engrossing single player one?

I am willing to pay money that MOST players would rather have a stunning single-player campaign.

*sigh*....why am I harping on about this?

Can anyone tell me if there are any GOOD STORY driven single-player mods for NWN?

If so, I'll start downloading immediately...just tell me where!!
Ishanda is offline   Reply With Quote