View Single Post
Old 11-20-2001, 01:41 PM   #4
Sark
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi frost.

>I think I may have erred and would like to know if I need to restore from an earlier save.
Probably the quests that cause things to happen cannot "re-happen" for other chars - namely mon, jubas thobers, ring of saints - but i could be mistaken.
(i know that i didnt get mon the sculz when my pr joined the wa guild as paladin coz i'd killed him) As for your earlier saves, it depends how far back you'd be willing to go....
this is one of my "bugbears" as i have ended up restarting several times now, having found out things which impacted my characters negatively in some way.... but it's not overly advisable, from me at least, as the game can lose its' appeal that way.

>Give Mekdawa the Toad Potion (+1 Guild Advancement, 200 XP)
I found - perhaps a bug - that the potion quest can be done at any point as it is giving an individual char the advancement etc.

>Investigate Toad Village (+1 Guild Advancement, 200 XP)
not sure on this one... don't think it would work if you've already killed the monsters, but haven't tested it.

>Also a few questions on role ascensions. I never seem to have enough gold to advance my party. money is a big issue in the game, at least the early part.... i'd say read some of the threads for getting gold. one way i use, although it's a little tedious is buying
enchanted crossbow bolts in the wa guild and selling them back - it's a lot of clicking but can amass money reasonably well, but there are better methods. (depends on if you feel it is 'cheating' - reminds me of the days of ultima3 and wanting the +2plate and +4bows, raiding a couple of treasure rooms that always popped on re-entering a dungeon)

>When should I focus on training my characters in new roles?
something i did was make a little spreadsheet of require stat-points for the roles and then put my chars stat points in cells underneath. also, going to the guild and making a note of the points required for each role can help - or looking at the book....
As far as the new roles, there are comments in the some of the threads about starting the training then joining the other guild then cancelling the training, so you can do that guilds quests and also get trained in str/dex etc.
example - a priest has the easiest time, i've found, and i can train str, int and spi each level... (and i think that giving a donation raises presence, though i haven't checked that)

>frosty (still a dumb W&W newbie)
at my 5th time around i found out stuff and muttered some. [img]smile.gif[/img]

>When I met Mekdawa he told me about Ekbu and Ukabu and then he ran off...
Don't ye hate that. [img]smile.gif[/img] I think most do.
Sark is offline   Reply With Quote