View Single Post
Old 10-15-2001, 07:43 AM   #8
Conan

Wulfere, I am glad that you left! Really made me think of the past staying at my parents farm.

We, all(my family) moved there when I was very young. In this season also. As we were scoping out our new domain weird things happened but nothing that couldnt be written off as coincidence. Like dissapearing items, moved items and strange sounds at night. Its a big farm..about 150 acres surrounded by a state forest that added another 200 or so acres. As the years rolled on these things happened but less freqently than at first, almost like whatever it was accepted us but was always watching. One year my parents went to Spain and left my two olders brothers and I at home for 3 weeks. This would change my veiw of the farm forever.
We were all a little wild and had our partys and late night fun. One day we had a huge gathering that flowed over until evening. So many people that I didnt know. Well, I was outside doing something by myself and I saw a black figure go into the barn. Thinking ahh man we told these people not to go into the barn for we were afraid of people smoking in there. So I like a fool followed. No lights were on how strange..I went up into the hay loft. No lights. all of a sudden I heard a gasping sound and looked over. by the moonlite window I saw a black figure swinging from a noose. AHHHHH! I ran so fast..I couldnt say anything. I ran back inside almost crying.. Everybody was inside ,it was late. They looked at me and got scared and asked what happened.. I told them and everybody went outside to check up on my story.. Nothing was there. Later on that night we were talking to our freinds, some were neighbors and ...someone said dont you know the history of McCabe? We all looked at each other .. no. He built this farm and two others on this road. He died by hanging himself. The name of the road is McCabe and you are living on his farm.
To this day I can sense him there when I visit but the fear is gone now. My nights alone there are peaceful and restful. I know something is still there.
------------------
*\Conan/*

[This message has been edited by Conan (edited 10-15-2001).]