View Single Post
Old 05-02-2001, 09:55 AM   #11
Cayle
The Magister

Party: J, Vic, Aerie, Minsc, Mazzy, Me (Stalker)

First: I sourouded her from a distance, keeping out of wingbeat range. Cayle and Vic crept up. She cast magic resistance and I backstab. I do it this way because MR is being used offensively here and T SHOULD go red.

After Cayle gets tossed about by the wingbeat (Console-> Viconia:magic resistance), Mazzy and Minsc move in and begin to pepper her with arrows and get chased around a bit. They kept T busy and not interested in Aerie who began pounding her with spells and wands from a distance. J cast summon insects to no effect and Vic cast flamestrike.

Vic survives a breath weapon because of magic resistance and T starts to chase her. Vic runs outside of the pillars. Her hit points were not high enough to survive even if she made her save. Mazzy, Minsc and J take turns tossing missles and getting chased. Cayle wakes up and joined the "shoot bow... run away" game. Aerie kills dragon (OK, minus one flamestrike, one longsword backstab ~30hp and a few arrows)! My opinion of her increases...

If you do get hot with the breath weapon (assuming you make your save) run to wall to rest and use your healing. One reason this fight is easier than Firkag is that you have more room to manuever and minimize the dragons abilities. Use it well.

------------------
- Cayle