Thread: Ironworks Forum
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Default Re: Ironworks Forum

Got a broken bone in my wrist, called a scaphoid. can't really do much--hell, for the last 3 weeks, its been hurting more that normal. poor sleep.. even with the brace/temp cast.

Check this out on the bone I broke--one of the smallest, and gets the least blood supply--thus, hard to heal: (I was in a full arm cast for 14 WEEKS!!! and it didn't heal).. never broke a bone before--and I've done some crazy shit in my time... rope swinging out at 50ft into a lake..... etc.. yet a simple little bone causes a pain which currently feels like a red hot ice pick stabbed into my right wrist. ugh....

http://www.assh.org/PUBLIC/HANDCONDI...Fractures.aspx

Gotta get surgery. but first, I must quit smoking. I want to, its bad for you, and smells. so I'm on the gum and been tying that pill. Quitting is hard as hell. I tried cold turkey, but on day 8, with 3 days of no sleeping.. its true when they say its as hard to quit as heroin... (never tried THAT.. lol never will).

Anyway, its halted ALL productivity for over a year. That's why I don't have the Diablo forum up. As soon as this pain 'relaxes' I will add it. I mean, I'm a graphics artist, draw comics and work in 3DS max-- I haven't drawn ANYTHING in over a year...

That is taking a serious toll on my mental health in a way.. its what I LOVE to do, ya know? So I can't WAIT to get my bone healed back, and I know I'll be putting 1+ years of work into the first 6 Months when I'm 'back' to normal.. I'll be like a new man! hehe..

While I can't play many PC games too long, I CAN plan PS3.. (no need to rotate my wrist I guess.. so i've been into Battlefield 3 huge.. and Need For Speed the Run).

Tried beating Legend of Grimrock, but got to level 8, and it just hurt my wrist too much playing for more than an hour. Diablo I did ok.. got to hell level, but stopped that too due to wrist hurting..

Its so weird.. won't hurt for a while, and the smallest twist or lifting something makes it hurt, and when that happens, it'll hurt 8-14 days before calming down enough to do very light work. I mean, making the bed is a pain.. thats SO lame.

Frustrating is more like it... Been watching the Big Brother live feeds again.. my summer thing..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album

Last edited by Ziroc; 08-02-2012 at 03:15 PM. Reason: cant type good with a busted ass hand. lol
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote