View Single Post
Old 02-24-2001, 12:23 AM   #1
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I did the slave lord thing in the Temple district last night. After, I'm going round picking up loot. Has anyone noticed that Nalia isn't worth a pile of sh*t as a thief? I mean she can't pick a lock for trying (that's why I have her always have a couple of knock spells memorized). And it takes her about ten minutes to detect a trap? I guess I got spoiled in BG1 where Imoen was such a superior thief.

Anyway, I'm on the first floor of the mansion and I've given Nalia a potion on master theivery because she can't pick any of the locks and I used all my spells on second floor. (I hate her.) She didn't detect a trap (so what else is new) and picked a lock and the caption reads "trap triggered." Well, it went off and Nalia is gone--I mean TOTALLY gone. Her portrait is gone--NADA--total annihilation! Has this happened to anyone else? What was that in the trap? No blood, no guts--just GONE.

At that point, I was so disgusted I just quit playing for the evening.

BTW, got HoW in the mail from interplay yesterday (it was my birthday present from husband and child). Can't wait to get it loaded on. (Will be Monday before I can do that though--complicated).

One question is follow-up to answers I got about Mind Flayers. How do you heal from having intelligence drained? I know if you get to zero you're dead. Do healing spells work, potions, resting, what?

A prompt response would be appreciated--I might try to do the sewer--mind flayer thing this weekend.