View Single Post
Old 01-05-2003, 06:06 PM   #6
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

I agree with Animal on the full instal part. The upgrade isn't too bad but not near as efficient as a full instal.
Also although this may not be an option for most people, but if you haven't tried XP yet then you are really missing out and should check it out. Personally speaking, it's not a better operating system but the best operating system (from MS anyway). As pointed out above, crashes are a thing of the past and networking is so simple that I would personally have to say that it would be harder to set up a dial up connection than to set up a small home network.
To sum it up. If you want efficiency, few hassles and reliability, go XP. There are quite a few people who may have found otherwise but I am sure that in most cases, people who run XP would most likely never go back to 98/ME/2000 if their life depended on it.

Lastly, I run XP Pro. Once again as pointed out by animal, XP Home is what you may wish to try unless you want to go crazy networking in which case Pro is your best bet.