View Single Post
Old 10-16-2001, 04:23 PM   #24
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

What about this (i tried makeing it but my version is a bit buggy and it didn't work) the first is before you idenify it and the second is after is after:
Anglashien Dragon Sword
The Anglashien Dragon was draconic form that lived in the mountins of Anglash. It kept to the tunnels that lead deep into the mountain's made by an uknown dwarvan clan many years ago. The Dragon was faybeled to be guarding a treasure that would make a king seem poor. Many adventurers went after the dragon only to return defeated. One day a single adventurer, a warrior,called Ilmesh, ready for battle, walked insidethe caves. After a few hour he heard a rumbling and the great shape of a huge dragon lumbered up to him. Swiftly drawing his blade he cried "Be ye enemy or friend?" "Friend" said the dragon. "Friend?" Ilmesh enquired. "Yes, friend. i have no quarril with you"."If you have no quarril with me, then why others? why do you attack others that come in here?" "I don't attack them... they attack me. I'm just here to guard the entance" said the dragon ."Then why don't you attack me if your to guard the entrance?" "My my, we are full of questions. i let you through because you are not harming the entrance, you are not desturbing the entance. if you don't do anything but walk past it, what am i to do? kill you? for walking? no I do not attack neadlessly." and with that the dragon swiftly walked off down one of the tunnels. "what an odd dragon." said Ilmesh exclaimed.
After a short break Ilmesh carried on walking to the center of the caves. He walked for about 3 hours until he saw a green glow emanating from a large cavern. as he walked in he noticed a swored lying on a stone table. he walked up to the sword and picked it up. Words misicaly appeared in front of him hovering over the table. they said "ONLY THOSE WHO KNOW THE NAME MAY USE THIS SWORD OF THE GODS........."

STATISTICS:

Damage: 1D10
Damage type: slashing
Weight: 6
Speed Factor: 4
Proficiency Type: Katana
Type: 1-handed
Requires: 6 Strength
Not Usable By:
Druid
Cleric
Mage

Thejistel
Thejistel +7: The sword of the gods. This swords blade seems to have viens of green energy running through it. as you hold it you can feel the pure enery of the thing. If a low level peron used this, the power would go out of controle.

STATISTICS
Combat Abilities:
poison (2 dam for 10 sec. (save vs death\poison)
Special Abilities:

+1 to strength
THAC0: +7 bonus
Damage: 2D10 +10
Damage type: slashing
Weight: 3
Speed Factor: 1
Proficiency Type: Katana
Type: 1-handed
Requires: 16 Strength and Constitution
Not Usable By:
Druid
Cleric
Mage

I think it was Wah that told me if your going to make a powerful weapon, give it a good story.

also i can't decide how to make it more powerful, or at least balanced. i was thinking something about time or something

------------------