Thread: Help a newbie!
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2005, 08:31 PM   #2
Aerich
Lord Ao

Hi AK, welcome to the forums [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Re: your party of paladins

1) You cannot use mage scrolls. I'd seriously consider dumping a paladin for a mage, or just adding one in to your open 6th character spot. I can't remember for sure if paladins can use priest scrolls, but somehow I don't think so. You may be stuck in that regard - if you don't add a party member that can use scrolls, you might as well sell them.

2) If you can indeed use priest scrolls, you put them in your quick inventory slots and click on them regularly, as you would with a potion. If you can't use a scroll, the game won't let you put it into a quickslot.

3) You can't increase Str, Dex, etc except through the use of items. There's a rare few potions, one tome (in the downloadable expansion) and several Str increasing items. It isn't like IWD 2, which gives you a stat point every few levels. You're stuck with what you've got, unless you use Dalekeeper.

4) Only single classed or dual classed fighters can take up to 5 proficiency points in a weapon. Paladins, rangers, and multiclassed fighters have a limit of 2 PP, and every other class has a limit of 1.

[ 02-18-2005, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: Aerich ]