Thread: W & W Stories
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2003, 08:19 PM   #3
skywalker
Banned User

Ages ago I was inspired by the W&W forum and some of the members that are no longer here to write a story using concepts and characters for the Wizards And Warriors Universe. I think I did show it a few members privately, but never on the forum. I stumbled by it recently, it's very short and certainly unfinished.

If it's ok I thought I'd post what I wrote below. I hope it's not to corny.

I call it Tavern Tales and is set in Galiwags Tavern between the party's adventures out in Gael Serran. Here it is:

Tavern Tales

The Players:
Chan - Male, Whiskah, Samurai
Lady Shiva - Female, Human, Ranger
Kali Deth - Female, Gnome, Assassin
Kyra Mayce - Female, Pixie, Priest
Chaugnar Faugn – Male, Oomphaz, Monk
Sara Lovecraft – Female, Elf, Warlock

Chan scanned the common room of Galliwag’s Tavern hoping to spot at least one of his adventurous companions and came up empty.
“First one here, again,” he thought as he picked out a table large enough to accommodate all six of them with elbowroom to spare.
From the far back corner was a group of Stout Miners, halfway to hell in a hand basket, just raising a ruckus and have immense fun doing it. Loud and clear could be heard:

“Drinkin’ all night,
Drinkin’s all right,
Singing this song,
All the night long!”

“They certainly waste no time getting smashed,” mused Chan. “It’s barely nightfall.”
In another corner was a pack of Ratlings, whispering amongst themselves and occasionally glancing at the Stouts. It looked like the makings of a good old brawl at anytime soon.
Over the bar where Galliwag tended, were some new signs not seen since the last time the Samurai visited the bar.

New! Try Boogre Brew! Imported from west of Ishad N’ha! Only 5g!

Rat Pie! It’s kinda stinky, but there ain’t none better! Only 10g!

As Chan thoughtfully dismissed the two new products and proceeded to lick the fur from his forearms, the doors to the tavern burst open wide! Almost as loud as the Stouts came a motley crew of heroes that bickered amongst them selves. They were the companions that Chan had been waiting for!
Just as they reached the table Chan spit into a waiting cuspidor and resumed his licking ritual.
“What are you doing?” inquired Lady Shiva, taking the seat next to him.
“I’ve been trying to that Zombie vomit out of my fur for days now. I just can’t seem to get myself clean!” answered Chan, not even looking up from his task at hand.
“Ewwww! That’s just disgusting! Take a jump in the lake for crying out loud!” screamed Kali Deth. “Are you trying to make me sick?”
“Sorry, but I can’t help my feline instincts, can I?” was his response. “I’ll stop now that you’re all here.”
“Wait a moment, where is Kyra?” demanded Sara Lovecraft. “She was here when we came in!”
“Um guys, I think I sat on her!” Chaugnar Faugn said sadly, “I don’t think she survived, either.”
“Wonderful! Big, Fat, Dumb, Monk sits on the Pixie again!” snorted Kali. “Can’t you look before you sit?”
“She’s the only one of us who knows the Resurrect Spell, Chaugnar. You’ll have to bring her to the Temple and have her raised.” added Shiva.

I guess it's lots shorter than I thought, just the beginnings of a abandoned effort.

Mark

[ 02-18-2003, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: skywalker ]
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote