View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #6
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Default Re: Warning about Skyrim -- FULL of Bugs and crashes!

I got the Collector's edition of Skyrim and yes it had a crash bug if your computer has only a low end duel core and less then 4 gig of ram. I also had trouble playing Rage on my Duel Core. In January I got so mad at my Duel core with windows XP That I retired to my wife it and went to Best Buys a picked up a duel Quad core 3.2Ghz with 16 gig Ram, Duel ATI Cross fire equipped and windows 7 and direct X 11. So far the only game that has gone Black Screen on me is COD Black OPS when I cranked up all the settings to super high. Since then I toned it down one setting and haven't had any problem.
I restarted Skyrim, and because of Steam all I had to do was hit play and it told me to put in the disk and reload the game no game codes or reregistration . I had to start over but I was having so much fun before I didn't mind because I had already blasted through and won the main mission.
With the New restart I'm taking a different direction and started with different missions and quests that I never did the first time. Best part is NO MORE BUGS Skyrim runs like a dream.

I can see where everybody with Computers with 2.0 -2.8 microprocessors and running Direct X 10 can get pissed and I did too. Bethesda is good at under rating the requirements of their games and even when you have a great Video card you still have to turn the settings down to very low or you spend more time re-starting your computer then you spend playing the games.
TCB