View Single Post
Old 05-25-2001, 12:09 AM   #5
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Hey ogo...

Whatlevel are you at?
you have a well balanced party, and with the right tactics, you should finish the game easily.

I used a full party my first time, and soloed my second, with an Elven Archer. The solo was from scrath, but I removed the exp cap. I will NEVER do that again. It became too easy. I had the difficulty set to Core rules.

I found my solo game easier than my group game. It was easier to control the battles, since I only needed to concentrate on controlling one person. I was also a bit more cautious, and scouted and planned with my character's in mind. Rangers can use their Stealth skill, and I used it to look ahead, plan, and execute... You do need to pick and coose your battles, and concentrate on what you want.

My racial enemy was dragons, so I killed them all, except for the Silver, but I avoided Kangaxx.

Also, soloists level up quickly, since you are not sharing the exp points. Find the best set of equipment for your style of play, and it can be a great experience...

If you'd like some help outlining some basic tactics, give us an idea of your level, and what you are using for equip. I'd love to help...

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
and my girlfriends, Pamila and Pfil