View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 10:51 PM   #11
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Havock:
Sometimes you just have to drop the "N-bomb". It doesn't make you a racist. If you discriminate against people and constantly try to put them down, that would make you a racist. In this particular context I think it was more for the insult value than for any expression of his personal beliefs. The guy was heckleing him, the guy was black, the 'N-bomb" was dropped repeatedly. If the guy was gay and the "Fag-bomb" was dropped would that then make him a homophobe? I think the whole thing has been taken wayyyyyyy off the reservation. People are trying to make a scandal out of nothing.
Agreed to a point. What he was doing had nothing to do with comedy once he lost his cool and I am glad he got so much bad publicity for it because frankly I detest comedians that go over a certain line. Not everything can be made into a joke. I hope this will be a warning sign to all those other bad comedians that I have had the displeasure of hearing in the past that made me turn the channel.

However, the black community does not need "years of healing" to get over this fool's bad act. To the blacks in my community, their past is used too much as a crutch and a reason to hide behind when they have hard times. My neighbor does not have a phone because she has no husband and a poor-paying job and she had kids out of marriage and her two kids are pot heads and listen to gangster music too loudly at 11:30pm on Friday nights...and they'd say it was because their ancestors were slaves and that the "man" was holding them down from being real people and having a place in this society, yet dropping out of school seemed a good idea at the time...not because they were too lazy to work but because the system is set up to raise the white man and lower the black to keep them where they are?