View Single Post
Old 09-14-2001, 10:41 AM   #8
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Lan:
Okay, I have a pentium 600, 256 megs of ram, asus geforce 3 64mb card, and I CANNOT get this game to run smoothly. I run it with all the grpahical settings turned off or down, and it still will not scroll smoothly when I'm in game. Characters take like a 5-10 second delay before they even attack an enemy. I've tried every install option, I've patched it, tried with and without 3d acceleration, but its all the same. I am currently using directx 8. Just for the record the opening demo movie of IWD halts and stutters as well. ANY tips on what to do would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Could it be faulty game discs? Take the game back to the store, get 'em to load and test it if they will - if not make 'em give you a replacement. I've had to do this with a couple of games I bought. Best of it was, with ONE of those games the supplier KNEW it was a faulty batch be continued selling them anyway not telling customers. Didn't take them off the shelf for WEEKS after he had been told to, either.

And, hey -

WELCOME TO IRONWORKS!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 09-14-2001).]