View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 04:39 PM   #10
Demanacus1
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Default Re: A few questions here... new to NWN

Greetings, All.

I have spent the last 2 days reading alot of the entries in your forum, but I still cannot find some of the information I seek. I have been "monitoring" this server, through the Multiplayer Server List on NWN1, because it was recommended to me, but I was playing on a different PW, that was a little too Role-Play Intense, as in, it was fun and all, but I spent WAY too many hours talking "In Character", to try to get information like, Where's the weapon shop? Where can a low level character get some questing? etc. The death penalty was WAY too steep. 1/3 of total experience was lost, when you died. Thats rough. Anyways, I cant seem to find any notation on "Death Penalty". How much gold/exp does it cost you? How do you get your items back? Does it leave a "corpse", that you have to re-find? etc.

Also, I'm looking to Migrate from the other PW, to a new one (possibly this one), because I was a HUGE fan of Undermountain, back in the days when I used to DM regularly. Anyways, how intense is the RP "In Character" here? Is it necessary? I truly enjoy a little In Character RP, but the other server was just TOO intense. The DM's would "knock you" if you were out of character at ANY TIME while logged in. Anyways, I see that there's never anyone online here, and that worries me. Me and my buddy are looking for a PW where we can play together, as a "Party of Two (or more)". I need to download the last HakPak, and I'll give the server a whirl tonight.

But after all of this, is there anything that anyone can tell me about this place? As in, Why are there never any people in-game? what are the RP rules? what are the death penalties? Whats the level cap? are there custom spells (Divine/Arcane)? etc.

So anything that an Experienced D&D'er who's new to NWN Online needs to know? I've almost beaten the single player, but only logged about 10-15 hours online. So i'm not a TOTAL n00b, just new to online.

Please advise.
Thank you in advance.
Demanacus1 is offline   Reply With Quote