View Single Post
Old 02-19-2001, 09:32 PM   #16
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Cloudbringer - hey lavendar sounds lovely!! You never know what a room will end up looking like no matter which color you choose. I remember a friend of mine years ago painted her bedroom this bright medium orange with white miniblinds. Sound ugly? She actually set it up to where it looked pretty nice, especially with her double mirror-doored closet. You just never know!

Anyway, househunting didn't go all that great today. Our price range limits us to some pretty slummy looking townhouses. One we really liked the outside of, it had a screened in porch in the back, but the realtor's key didn't work so we couldn't see the inside. We really thought is was a good one though, but there was a catch...of course... some big dog barked next door the whole time we were there. Sounds like a Rottweiler. Eh. I also liked this other one a few blocks away. Just a matter of can we scrape up the closing costs? It looked nice though, little fenced-in yard, three levels, new big kitchen, three bedrooms upstairs (aka me and my husband's computer rooms!). That's the one I want at least right now. The way I look at it, no matter what we buy, we can sell it in 5 years or so and make money on it the way this market keeps going!! Too bad though at our age we can't even afford an actual house around here. But we saw on a local realtor's channel on TV this morning the house price averages for our area. It came to $500,000.00! This is an average! How did we end up in richville??? Enough rambling...