View Single Post
Old 09-17-2003, 12:17 PM   #8
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
i was considering how nice the level 2 buffs were for mage (enchange blade and missile shield) and level 3 buffs were for priest (rest all, armor plate, magic screen), and thought, hey, why not start as a bishop, run up those two schools to get those spells at level 5, then dual over to alchemist for the faster level ups and killer attacking spells. you would only be down about 12,000 experience on having started as an alchemist with the benefit of those lovely buffs.
I did somthing similar in a few games. I wanted to have a devensive caster (along with 5 missile-only rangers, for example), which had access to all the important protection/buff spells. A bishop has it all, but he also has powerful offensive spells. So i played as bishop until level 8, learning all the non-offensive mage spells (x-ray, missile shield, elemental shield, enchanted blade...). Then i switched to priest.

It worked well - except that i had to delay level 8 for a while until i had wizardry 45. Most of these spells are cast outside combat, where failing isn't a desaster. And when the realms skills went up, i think i could cast them quite high in light yellow. (have to look for the old saves to check)
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote