Thread: Zionism
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2002, 03:41 AM   #75
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

Well he posted lots of things really - and in pretty colours - thought I would save on space and just refer you to his post above rather than have lots of stuff to scroll through which very few of you would want to reread.
Dearest M

You started a debate on Zionism and laid a challenge for anyone to prove you wrong. I countered with a claim that it seems altogether extremely difficult to prove you wrong "to you". I don't believe that I am yet to see such an occasion, and that discussion with minds that are predetermined has ever throughout history been a lesson in futility.

The second debate is merely a corrollory of the first - with the question being is it theoretically possible that the best logic in the world could dissuade your good self from a taken position. I think this is a fair question to pose, for indeed the general populace could then see some purpose in assaying such a challenge. In fact it is in your interest to pursue this debate, for numerous denizens of IW, instead of avoiding such topics, might engage you in various discourse. I see this second question to be more important than the subject that spawned it, and do not see why the simultaneous tackling of both subjects cannot be essayed in the one thread.

What you perceive as a personal attack is not lies, slander, name calling, personal abuse etc - it's a challenge to demonstrate the existance of flexibility and objectivity. Throughout my debate of that topic I have been at pains to maintain a respect, for you have some outstanding assets. Grit, determination, persistance - even intractability are important qualities - I respect that, for even an elephant can be eaten one bite at a time [img]smile.gif[/img] .

You have not been misquoted my friend - the one time I quoted you I was at pains to point out that I had done so and to what effect. The other statements were clearly classified as typical responses that you would expect to encounter, and in that same paragraph I encouraged people to review old posts and make their own judgements rather than accept my point of view as gospel.

It's wonderful to know that you have researched my postings ole buddy - I can see that their huge repertoire and perspecacity has now allowed you to effectively categorise me. A pity, because I fear that once classified by your good self then forever more am I leikely to be destined the assignation of the same appellations.

Six or Seven is an exaggeration huh - well you might be right there ole pal - I had to hand a previous count list of 3, and myself of course makes 4 - so I extend apologies on that score. I should not have made any assumptions that the number was more than this on the mere basis that I had not read though every single one of your interesting dissertations. I will leave others to make up their own mind as to their whether that classifies me as a 'liar' (careful there buddy - that was almost a personal attack ).

Thank you for listening.

Apologies in the delay of posting - I had the message all done, hit the post button, and then the forum went down - fortunately I was able to copy and paste without losing it.