View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 08:19 PM   #1
Aerich
Lord Ao

The HoF from scratch party has been rolling along for a while, with no real problems. That has changed, so I'm willing to entertain suggestions.

I'm at the entrance to DE lvl 4. I don't particularly want to set the adventurers free, because it means less XP for my party. My standard modus operandi is to buff up, set a nasty spelltrap in the entryway to help me whittle down the onrushing horde, and expose the Eldathyn by talking to the gatekeeper with a paladin. From there, I go directly after the summoner, taking out the 4 yuan-ti mages along the way. Therefore, I need to get past the entrance with sufficient spells left to take out the mages - I probably won't need much for the summoner itself.

Here's the problem: I buff up, set my spelltrap, expose the Eldathyn... then I can't manage to kill the librarian before he wipes out half of my party with Ice Storm and Fireball. That Slow is murderous, too.

I've tried it three times so far. Four characters together cannot manage to kill Geelo and Albion in time, despite the hammer flail, Presio's poison dagger, etc. The other two characters are needed to replace summons and otherwise whittle down the swarming monsters.

Is it possible to kill off these nasties in the way I want to, including the summoner, or do I have to change up my strategy (e.g. set up shop in the library and take out Geelo first, using all six characters, thereby losing the quest xp gained from talking to Albion with a paladin)?