View Single Post
Old 07-02-2004, 12:32 PM   #36
Melusine
Dracolisk

I wholly agree Absynthe.
While I see many wrongs in the prostitution business (like illegal women being forced to work for no money), I'm still glad that prostitution is legal where I live. It would not be my choice, but I do think women SHOULD have that choice without being ostracised and called the most horrible names. Studies reveal that *quite* a few men have experiences in the sex industry, whether it be something innocuous as going to a strip club or actually visiting a prostitute, but many of them will vehemently vilify any woman who so much as dresses a bit on the slutty side. And of course women do too, although I don't have the same experience with that as Animal. Most women I know are a hell of a lot less judgemental about these things than the men, who seem to suffer from whore/Madonna complexes quite often. Although he may be right that it may be a jealousy issue for women, because they perceive themselves to be less pretty, or because they envy the women who dare do such things? I dunno, something like that. For the men it may be shame, seeing the woman as the wicked Eve who tempted them into it. Pure hypocrisy either way. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
But I don't want to derail this topic too much. [img]smile.gif[/img]
It's just a subject I find interesting. I did a strip act for a rock band once and I didn't lose any self-respect as a result or think any less of myself. In fact it was fun, I never regretted it and the other girls were just as normal as I am - not at all whorish. So to me working in a bar in a top and hotpants, which seems to be the issue with Hooters (never been to one myself so I wouldn't know), sounds pretty innocent and not at all a reason to condemn people.

[ 07-02-2004, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Melusine ]