Thread: Directx 9
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2003, 06:24 PM   #1
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Just upgraded to directx 9, hoping to gain a performance tweak in my gaming experience. When testing direct3d in the diagnostic window each test failed, from the 7-9 drivers. This is the message generated:

Quote:
DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
Display Tab 1: The file nv4_disp.dll is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer. Direct3D 7 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x887602eb (error code) Direct3D 8 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8007000e (Out of memory) Direct3D 9 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8007000e (Out of memory)
I have the latest Nvidia drivers for my Geforce 2, 256mb ram, 2.2 ghz processor and am running windows XP so i'm kinda stumped. However this has not upset any of my games, NWN's for example still runs the way it did...just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what exactly is wrong?