View Single Post
Old 12-07-2001, 12:28 PM   #6
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Ever since meeting Samia in the Windspear Hills, setting traps with Yoshimo has become one of my favorite tactics.

I set as many as I can in the spot that Shangalar teleports to. It killed him instantly on one attempt (although I lost some party members to the other characters, so I had to re-load).

My main character is a Wizard Slayer (lvl 15), so he gets decent Magic Resistance. I had Yoshimo and Valygar Hide In Shadows and then sent my PC (Cerek) to initiate the dialogue. Keldorn was waiting off to the side and I had Nalia and Jaheira in the back of the room. Shangalar teleports into the traps and I have ALL fighters attack immediately. I also equipped Cerek with the Shield of Balduran and left him in the doorway to draw the Beholders fire. This will make pretty short work of Shangalar and - if you're quick enough and get a good backstab - he won't have time to cast his Mislead. I had Jaheira summon a Fire Elemental and sent it out in the room to deal with the other enemies I hadn't gotten to yet.

The Beholder, thief, and vampire all go down pretty quickly - which leaves Little Miss Time Stop. On my final attempt, she cast Cloudkill after Gating in her Pit Fiend and killed him for me (that was so nice of her). So, I just ran through the spell and sent my Wizard Slayer in to do some up-close pounding on her. I've downloaded a couple of nice items from Arundor's Abode that increase my Magical Protections, so her spells did very little to me - but my sword did LOTS to her.

On my final go through, no party member took any significant damage this way.