View Single Post
Old 07-15-2003, 03:20 PM   #5
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Okay, let's see if I got you guys correctly. I can start out and play a fighter and if I want to I can then decide to play a rogue, BUT I don't have to wait until my rogue levels reach and surpass by one my fighter levels to be able to use what the Fighter levels got me, i.e., feats and skills, etc. Correct? It also seems that though you can be a 3 class character the possible penalties to experience points would not necessarily be all that attractive, so if you want to be multiclass keeping it to two classes seems to be best. Correct?

I still need some clarification but you two have helped a lot. Lets go back to me being a fighter. He is human. I gain 5 levels as a fighter. I now want to be a rogue because finding traps and hiding in shadows sure could be useful (by the way, under the old 1E I loved playing a Gnome F/T).

a. When in the game do I make my intentions known that I want to work on a Rogue class?

b. If I operate as a rogue but suddenly I am in a fight, I assume I'll fight as a 5th level Fighter. How does this affect experience points and their application?

Micah and philip thanks for your patience and time.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote