View Single Post
Old 11-07-2004, 02:42 AM   #10
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks for the link, johhny.
Illumina, thanks for the ultrasonic info! That is what they use at the jewelry store. How do you clean your silver jewelry? I've had trouble finding a cleaner that won't dissolve stones like onyx (I love onxy and silver [img]smile.gif[/img] )and still gets the silver untarnished. And I hear you on the 'research' part! I never would have known about not exposing tanzanite to temperature extremes (changes the stone color!) if I hadn't gone looking for it online and ended up finding a few entries in a jewelers forum on the subject!

Animal! LOL! Well, I guess I'm still a newlywed, cuz I don't mind bragging about what a wonderful guy I married. ROTFL!@ the buy more line... HAHAHAHAHAHA! *note: hubby didn't quite ROTFL when he saw your post...he sorta grinned and rolled his eyes "ack,I can hear my wallet moaning already!" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] *

Thanks Maj, I do have to take it in for professional cleaning twice a year for the warranty to stay good but in between I like to shine them up too. I figure if my husband went to the trouble of buying nice things I should take good care of them! Plus they're purrrrty and shiny... teehee!

LZ, I asked about the pearls today and the lady at the jewelry store said that it's the air that they need! So air out your pearls!

Dirty Meg, could the silver be tarnishing when you wear it? That might be where the bluish color comes from.

[ 11-07-2004, 02:43 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]