Thread: Eve or Anarchy?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2004, 08:16 AM   #29
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
Sorry Luvian, don't call me names but, having read your posts I still don't know which MMORPGS you like?
No MMORPGs are perfect, they all have their strength and weaknesses.

So far, what I want to play are WoW and City of Heroes. Both for different reasons.

I'll certainly try D&D online and Middle Earth online if possible when they come out, maybe the Matrix Online too. I would have tried Final Fantasy, but it recquire a credit card and I don't have access to one anymore.

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar :
I would just like to quote "Yuffies" words in an EQ2 forum regarding this issue. its his view who has played beta on both i guess. he is very helpful in explaining the differences. [Smile] hope this helps
I mostly agree with him, there's just a few things wrong. As I said earlier, the battle engine and the classes have noting in common with d2. It play like any mmorpg and has warcraft's classes. The only common thing with d2 is that both games have druids and paladins. Those of World of Warcraft use the skills and look of those in Warcraft 3. All the classes have the skills of the Warcraft 3 classes plus more they added.

Also about the easy time to reach limit cap, it's done on purpose. So that people focus on what can be done in the game instead of on leveling. You are supposed to reach the level cap fast. Then you just play your character for quests, fun, and pvp if you're into that. Or you play another character, and this time you do your quests and explore instead of rushing your levels.

No time to explain powergamers, I'm late for work.

[ 11-04-2004, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: Luvian ]