View Single Post
Old 05-03-2002, 01:41 AM   #1
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Actually, it may already have happened to you, but let me explain:

Prom is coming up on the 11th, so naturally, our school prepared something called 'Reality Week' to inform them about DUI (driving under the influence). Yesterday they reinacted a car crash, bringing the helicopters in and everything, it was really boring mostly.

But today, we had guest speakers. One was a female police officer, who had lost her niece in a car accident. The driver of the car smashed into a tree, the girl was ejected, the car landed on top of her. The officer was crying almost the whole time. She and her niece had a strong bond, and went into detail about how it affected her, her sister, the girls little brother. Everyone in the family was hysterical. This got me thinking.

My brother is 5 years older then me and is on active duty in the air force. I hate to admit, he drives fast(in his Mustang), and parties when he has the time, which is almost never. It scares me to think of my reaction if anything were to happen to him. Id fall into such a depression...well id rather not think about it. That officer got a lot of kids crying today, including me. So i just want to warn all the juniors and seniors out there who are going to prom. Please be careful! You guys are all my friends and it would hurt to see anything happen to you!