View Single Post
Old 09-17-2003, 01:59 AM   #7
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Yes, when you change from Bishop into a caster or hybrid, your effective caster level is cumulative with that school you change into. One of my favorite solos was Lord for four levels, Rogue for one, Bishop for 8, then Lord again, taking a few more Bishop levels after Dual was high enough to give the Bishop the extra bashes. Divinity was casting at all green in all spells at level 29 total, the hybrid+rogue equivalent of 24 caster levels. The other three schools were casting according to Bishop levels. I've gone back and developed this one a little more extensively from a save just before Ascending; i've got a bunch of Solos i'm playing with extreme development, into the advancements beyond Character Level 50 (Class levels can be 50 each, for a possible total of 750 possible Attribute- and Skill-point awarding advancements.) I didn't plan on giong beyond getting one Hobbit and two Humans past opening all the bonus skills, but it's looking like too boring to even go that far; once all the mobs are less than 3/4 your level, nothing can kill you anymore, so the only thrill is anticipating your next level, and they're just not worth it to me after enough of them...
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote