View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 07:39 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Default Should I work for the Nielsen Company?

I had a phone interview today and on Tuesday if I go to the meeting and make it through that, I will be sent to Oldsmar Florida for 8 weeks of training, being lodged and given a car while I am there. (I'll be coming to see you Ziroc!!). The Nielsen Company is the ones who put them boxes in peoples's homes to monitor their TV watching habits, and I am to be a bilingual installer. Skills in setting up equipment is the big requirement here. It pays $5,000 more than I currently make, has a car provided and funds for gas and maintenence. I would not have to move, since the job is close to home. It's a 7-day a week, on-call sort of job where I get told what hours I am to work, and on what days. There's bonuses every quarter for incentive to install correctly the first time. Everything seems dreamy.

However...

I have done some internet research and there are tons of disgruntled employees, previous employees and people who started training but did not make it through. One website, glassdoor.com that ranks and reports on businesses shows a 30% approval rating of how the management performs, and overall satisfaction with the company seems too low to ignore. I have read maybe four websites and forums that are filled with negative input on Nielsen.

My question...are they all full of hot air and no basis of actual truth? Does anybody here have personal experience with the company? Have you ever received an installation? How were the installers?

If not Nielsen...then I don't know where. I am tired of where I work in a Contact Center, having no room for growth and no hiring of other departments because those departments have happy people who won't leave