View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 08:22 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: Looking for input.... home theater

Just wondering, why are you decided on a projector as opposed to a TV? I have friends who get fixated on this idea and I try talk them out of it as much as I can. One got it, and he didn't like it - even tried selling it to me later, lawl.

I find it to be similiar to the laptop vs. desktop idea people get into their heads. Unless you are travelling and will be mobile very often (work, school) - and will actually need/use it when mobile, the desktop is almost always the best choice.

I feel the same way with a TV. The picture quality is better hands-down. The sound is built in, and it can be wall mounted no problem. It doesn't restrict movement for fear of blocking the picture (although you can work around this by mounting projector high). But a big manly flatscreen with HD and surround sound (or even a 3D-TV if that floats yer boat) has more pros than a projector system does IMO.

Anyways, only my 2c, who am I to rain on your parade if you have your heart set on it!