View Single Post
Old 05-03-2002, 11:26 PM   #196
Krishach
Drow Warrior

A few weeks ago on our local news, it was reported a 4 year old had gotten hold of a gun and accidently shot himself in the stomach, killing him. It was due to the grandfather not paying attention, and the grandfather had actually let the kid hold the gun a few weeks earlier, but unloaded. I just thought I'd share this story.

Personally, I don't really have an opinion on gun control and the such. I don't think I'll ever have one in my house for protection. It just has a too much potential for something really bad happening, like the story above. But I don't think they should be outlawed or something. Actually, I've never really thought about it. If they were outlawed, then the general public would just be unable to obtain them, though criminals could probably be able to get them from underground connections or such. I figure, just let people do what they want with it. Doesn't bother me much.