Thread: Everquest
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2004, 10:12 PM   #13
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
I never play this game but I've lost quite a few 3do buddies over this evil game. The last time I chat with them ( few years back during 3do community board time ) they say they'll be playing Everquest. Now not a word from them anymore ( no email reply no icq reply no nothing ). I wonder what happen to them.
Probably sitting in front of the computer, completely immersed in their new "real" world. The probably have a jug by their chair to pee in, a mini-refrigerator nearby with food and drinks, and a pillow and blanket sitting right next to the chair (so they don't have to go far to do anything except do a number two or take a shower). In fact, they might have their computer and fridge in the bathroom (using the toilet as their chair, that way they don't have to get up from the computer at all). When I was hooked on MUDs, I literally ate out of the vending machines and slept in the computer lab (didn't have my own computer, or they would have been busting down my door to see if I was still alive...). I avoid online games like the plague now, for that very reason (it took failing a semester in college to wake me up).

I hope that you are able to get in touch with them and/or get them away from the game long enough to re-establish relations. I wouldn't count on it, though; I lost most of my real friends during my period of addiction, and had nothing but "virtual friends" by that point.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin