View Single Post
Old 10-23-2001, 05:52 AM   #18
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OOC: painkillers have almost completely worn off now, this hurts... and I still need to go through it 3 more times!
Kaz gulped, stammering "Well, I-" but her father did not hear. "This is not your business," he said more softly, "go back to bed." Kaz looked around, staring, and saw a small girl standing behind her. She seemed to have listened to the whole conversation. The girl had black hair and dark green eyes. The delicate features and the high cheekbones made it plain that this was Kaz. None of the three seemed to see the stranger standing in the middle of their room. "We will-" Her father was interrupted by a door slamming open. Several Drow strode into the room. Their leader, smirking, said, "Ah, I see I have found the famous Kalrys." Kaz's father stood up, looking resigned. "I see. Elsara, Kaz, leave. I'll handle this." He reached for his sword on the rack, apparently determined to go down fighting. "But no," the leader said, "do stay." He took something out of his robes - an ebony artifact, shaped like a mask of a screaming man. The holes for the eyes were completely black, although you should have been able to see the room through them. Magic power radiated off it. "Leave!" her father shouted. Elsara ran towards the young Kaz, obviously intending to scoop her up and run away. But it was too late...