View Single Post
Old 10-23-2001, 05:15 AM   #14
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

(ooc: Poor Kaz; I know the feeling cos I've had mine removed before - two each time Do take care, ok?)

~ Eilonwy's Letter ~

My dear Fantine,

I am sure you have heard of Meldrin's continual harassment of my beloved Aragorn. My greatest fear is that I will not be able to stay by his side much longer. I grow weaker by the day and this puzzles me increasingly. Perhaps my maid has been brewing too strong a herbal concoction for me; I shall have to speak to her soon about this. I hope that my child will be a girl; do you not think Mistral a delightful name? I can picture her dancing around merrily like a little whirlwind, but never as uncontrolled as a hurricane.

I have always thanked Mystra for blessing me with the friendship of Ursula and yourself; your friendship is especially precious for the fact that we love the same man. While I have tried voicing my premonitions of impending death to Aragorn, he stubbornly refuses to listen to the contingencies I have planned. Fantine, I depend on you to carry out my wishes if I am no longer around; I demand it of you unreasonably, as I have never demanded anything of you before...

My child must be trained in swordfighting and spellcasting, and given the right to choose his or her ultimate path when the time comes. You see, Fantine, I want a little of Aragorn and myself in our child; and I know I can trust you and Ursula to impart your skills to him or her.

I sense Ursula's unhappiness at my worsening condition. It is plain to me that her love for Aragorn is still strong; so strong that if I should die and Aragorn sink into despair, she will be the greatest sufferer. My suspicion is that she will not want my child to experience love or any other tender feeling, so that my child will be protected from all hurt. Yet I cannot bear this thought, for what is a life without emotion? Once again, I beg you to rescue my child from such a fate, if that fate should come…

You must forgive the ramblings of a desperate woman, but you must take my words seriously. Even now I feel my energy draining away, and I must stop here.

Mystra be with you always, my friend. E.