View Single Post
Old 10-23-2001, 12:29 AM   #12
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

As she enters the drawing room, she notices her unusual guest. Tall, slim and just as charismatic as Ursula… ~ "Archmage Fantine!" ~ She drops a deep curtsey and gestures towards a chair ~ "Please… sit yourself down. Would you like some tea?"

Fantine shakes her head impatiently ~ "No need for that, Mistral. I've come here not so much for a social visit, but to warn you against Ursula's advice." ~ Not waiting for Mistral to recover from her shock at this strange declaration, she continues ~ "You do not know the past of your seniors, Mistral. And you have always looked up to Ursula as the motherly figure in your life. But while she has meant well all these years, she is clearly distorting your view of certain issues in life… issues such as love and friendship."

Mistral finally speaks up, her face drained of colour ~ "What you have said is a very strong accusation, Archmage. I am not sure if you are being fair to the Matron Mother…" ~ "I see you've been brainwashed already, Mistral…" ~ Fantine sighs resignedly ~ "Take this. It's a letter which your mother sent to me shortly before her death. She was my good friend, you know…" ~ Fantine's voice nearly breaks, but she regains control of it ~ "Read it and judge for yourself if I have hurled false accusations against anyone." ~

Hurriedly, Mistral accepts the parchment and unrolls it, devouring the contents on it greedily…

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 10-23-2001).]