Thread: Garden Fever!
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2001, 09:31 AM   #14
Moni

Sunny, er, I mean Cloudy,
Congrats on all the new additions to your garden! Glad to hear I am not the only one planting and potting with reckless abandon!

I am currently working on repairing and rejuvenating one of the windows in Grandpa's bedroom (on the outside of the house). I have a Star Jasmine blooming in a pot and waiting to be planted and trellised up underneath it when I finally finish and add a new screen so that he can open his window and enjoy the scent.

Rex's Grandma on his dad's side gave me and asparagus fern in a pot which I hung on the porch, next to the asparagus lace that grows under Grandpa's TV room window. I put that stuff on a couple of trellises after re-doing that window already.

She also gave me some potted reddish purple petunias which I hung on the opposite side of the porch and a potted red bougainvillea that I hung outside my own bedroom window until I get the time to plant it out there.

She gave me a variety of polka dotted plant cuttings that I have potted and growing in windows and on a new set of wire shelves that I recently added to the porch and strung wayward queen's crown vines through. Between her and Rex's mom, I have every color of calancho growing out there too.

Rex's mom bought me the Time/Life Big Book of Flower Gardening. I am using it as a guide to keep from killing things that don't like a lot of sun and saving those that do lol! I also bought myself a book on pruning in order to learn how to maintain things since in AZ all I ever had to do was prune my roses, tend my houseplants and ocassionally weed my gravel yard. It will come in really handy when ever I start shaping up the backyard!

My annual bed got shaded by queen's crown vines and hasn't produced more than some tall sprouts. And I was so worried that the cats would squash them all LOL! I am thinking of trying to move the plants into pots that I can place in sunny areas, but until we actually get some major renovations done in the back yard, those places are few and far between...at least where we would be able to enjoy them.

When we took the bat up north, I snagged a baby evergreen off of the edge of their parking area where it had been getting trampled. It is doing well in a pot in my yard and as it turns out is a cedar tree.

Congrats again and happy gardening!

Moni

Hey Rudy!
I'm impressed!!! Way to go HerbDawg!

------------------