View Single Post
Old 11-08-2002, 09:19 PM   #31
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I tried to quote you Dragonmage, but it said I couln't reply, too many characters. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Anyway, my reply: [img]smile.gif[/img]

That sounds so nice Brenbren! [img]smile.gif[/img] My parents doled out daily chores for me too, and I only got ten bucks a week, bla! [img]tongue.gif[/img] I mean I had to clean the entire house little by little, even cook dinner quite a lot! and the worst was traipsing across an acre of the back yard to dump the cat box in the woods (our collie Brandy was right behind me, not gonna say why LOL).

I also spent a lot of time blasting my dad's stereo and singing along to songs and dancing like a fool LOL! [img]smile.gif[/img] Until one day I turned the volume too high and blasted out one of the speakers [img]tongue.gif[/img] After that I wasn't allowed to use it anymore, and I *did* have my own, but it was a little thing, just one of those one-piece stereos with a turntable up top, a radio and cassette player in the middle and one big speaker at the bottom, not the same as my DAD'S hehe! My dad would unplug it, check the counter on the tape deck, etc. to keep me from using it, but I found ways to get around his tactics, and still used it where he couldn't tell LOL, but I had already learned my lesson with the speaker, and never cranked it up that much again, so his punishment was really moot

Oh and I know what you mean re sunbathing, none of us had even heard of skin cancer back then, I'd lay out all the time with NO lotion or anyting on. Luckily I'm not one to burn, I mostly tan, but I was pushing it some days! I remember every Saturday when my parents were gone I'd open my bedroom window, crank my stereo full blast so I could hear it outside, and just lay out on this sheet for hours!

When you are an only child you find all sorts of things to entertain you LOL. I even remember going outside in the winter after a big snow, and crouching nearby one of my mom's bird feeders, to catch a glimpse of a bird up close LOL. Never worked though, the birds never came to the feeder when I was around, and I mostly ended up freezing myself half to death LOL. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And finally, yes, we never locked anything either, our house, our cars, nothing. There was no need [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps