View Single Post
Old 09-23-2004, 02:27 PM   #1
Animal
Gold Dragon

I was skimming through the TV channels the other day, and came upon a talk show that was discussing the usage of medicinal marijuana for chronic pain relief with terminal patients. I'm sure some of you may have seen this particular show, with several guests promoting the usage of it, and some experts who believe that it needs to remain illegal.

Since it was a US based show, they were discussing the particular US laws and how it relates to the topic, but I think we can open this to a worldwide discussion.

Regardless of my views on it, I find it interesting that even though the individual US states can deem it legal for medicinal purposes, the Federal government still has the right to arrest overturn that decision and make arrests. [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] It's also interesting to note that the US Federal government has been issuing it to several individuals in the US for some time now.

Being from a law enforcement background my views on this are very conservative, however, I am starting to open my eyes a little. I'm curious to know everyone's thoughts on this particular subject. It's important to note that I am curious about medicinal usage only, not recreational.

So what d'yall think? [img]smile.gif[/img]