View Single Post
Old 03-11-2004, 12:42 PM   #1
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

If anyone could assist me with some techy help here I'd appreciate it. I know it is possible to connect two computers together and I know it involves network cards but how exactly is it done? I'm looking to connect a system I just bought from a friend to my own so both can connect to the same ISP and share the bandwidth. Right now I'm on 56k since my braodband went down 2 months ago so I want both computers to run from the same dial-up connection. They would, in essence share the bandwidth I imagine but I wonder would this make it pointless since It's dial-up already (both computers would essentially have only half a standard dial-up bandwidth to work with).

My questions are: Would both systems have to be running the same OS? Would it be easier to have them both on the same OS i.e. XP home (I wanted to run the older one on win 98 for resource reasons and keep my newer one on XP)? I need 2 network cards and some form of cable right? How is it all setup exactly?
Even a good website explaining it all would be a great help, thanks!

[ 03-11-2004, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]